Durban, South Africa, has become one of the world’s most popular destinations over the last decade or so, thanks to its year-round sunny climate, variety of outdoor activities, and beautiful beaches.
Whether you’re planning on taking your family there or are looking to enjoy some time away with your significant other, there are plenty of the best places to stay in Durban with all kinds of amenities.
From five-star hotels and resorts to luxury guest houses and bed-and-breakfasts, choice of accommodation is so important. Before booking your hotel, motel or guesthouse, check if they have the amenities or services that are important to you.
And need to consider the safe location first, You’d be astonished at how many essential requirements are disregarded.
This travel guide will show you 10 of the best places to stay in Durban, South Africa for all types of travelers. I have selected some for you.
1) 1 – 4 Star Luxury Hotels
Luxury hotels are the most luxurious and expensive of all hotel types. Hotel rates can be anywhere from From only R1,250 per room, per night including breakfast. per night and up. These hotels often have five-star restaurants on site or nearby, pools, spas, and fitness centers. Luxury hotels are perfect for those who want the ultimate experience while traveling, check the luxury best places to stay in Durban South Africa,
2) 5 – 10 Star Hotels
5 Star Hotels
–Beverly Hills Hotel
–The Oyster Box Hotel
–Radisson Blu Hotel Durban Umhlanga
–Endless Horizons Boutique Hotel
4 Star Hotels (seven sentences)
–Blue Waters Hotel
-The Courtyard by Marriott Durban North Beach Club Resort & Spa
–Garden Court South Beach
3) Affordable Best guest houses in Durban
Guesthouses are an affordable option for accommodations. They typically don’t have many amenities but that’s because they’re also not as expensive.
There are quite a few options for guesthouses in Durban and it might be worth the extra money to go somewhere with more amenities if you’re on vacation and want to relax without worrying about anything. These are some of the best places to stay in Durban South Africa,
1) Chartwell Guest House Whether you are traveling to Umhlanga Rocks for business or pleasure, Chartwell Guest House has it all. They are close to the airport, beaches, and more interesting activities,
2) Umhlanga Self-Catering Guesthouse is the place to be seen in KwaZulu-Natal, and see, Umhlanga Self-catering Guest House, offer discriminating visitor clean and comfortable self-catering accommodation at accessible prices in an elite area, whether for business, a weekend escape, or a family holiday, MORE BEST GUESTHOUSE IN DURBAN.
4) Cheap hostels
If you’re looking for low-cost accommodation in Durban, there are plenty of options available. There are hostels that offer dorms and private rooms. You might even find an apartment or house to rent. If you want something more luxurious than a hostel, there are also hotels that cater to all budgets.
- Pavilion Hotel The Pavilion Hotel is located in Durban, approximately 650 feet from the beach. The hotel has a restaurant and is close to a number of local attractions.
- Belaire Suites Hotel located directly on Durban’s North Beach provides accommodations with complimentary WiFi. Durban Station is 0.6 km away, and the on-site Café Jiran provides breakfast and dinner.
5) Self-catering holiday homes
Self-catering holiday homes are the perfect option for travelers who want to experience life as an ex-pat for a few days.
Travelers can enjoy the convenience of preparing their own meals or dining at one of the many restaurants and bars that line Marine Drive. Self-catering holiday homes also come equipped with outdoor pools and gardens for you to enjoy.
For travelers who want something more luxurious, there are self-catering vacation homes with private pools and spa treatments included.
- Searock Umhlanga One of the nicest views of the Indian Ocean may be seen at Searock Umhlanga. This high-quality self-catering property is located in Umhlanga Rocks, with stunning sea views. Only a few luxurious three-bedroom holiday apartments with 186 SQM of space are available in Umhlanga Rocks. an extremely comfortable and well-equipped apartment.
- The Beach House Villa is situated on the quiet Salt Rock beach. Four very spacious and luxurious bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms and some with their own TV lounge. Every accommodation has a breathtaking view of the sea. With just eight guests, it provides complete luxury and solitude while facing the sea from a spacious pool deck.
6) Bed and breakfasts
Durban is home to some of the most beautiful B&Bs and guesthouses. The town offers an array of accommodation options that are suitable for every budget and taste. These are the top 8 best places to stay in Durban:
- Andre’s Place Bed and Breakfast
- Tesorino Bed and Breakfast
- Tariman Boutique Hotel
- La Dolce Vita Umhlanga
- Road Lodge Umhlanga Ridge
- The Benjamin Hotel
- Forest Manor Boutique Guest House
- Lalaria Lodge Lalaria Ocean Villa, with six double en-suite bedrooms, provides self-catering in an isolated sanctuary, with security and total solitude for family groups.
7) Exclusive resorts
South Africa is home to some of the most luxurious resorts on the African continent. If you’re looking for an unforgettable getaway, these seven top-rated hotels and resorts are sure to satisfy your cravings for luxury and comfort.
- ATKV Natalia Afristay Certificate of Excellence was awarded to ATKV Natalia Beach Resort. ATKV Natalia Beach Resort is a Travellers’ Choice Destination. Kingsburgh is about 40 kilometers south of Durban. The location has a pleasant temperature, which draws people to the stunning blue seas.
- Hyde Park Resort
- La Vita Spa – Breakers Resort
- Cabana Beach Resort
8) Spas and wellness retreats
Luckily for travelers, spas and wellness retreats are becoming more popular throughout the country. Whether you want a luxurious experience or something more casual and intimate, there are plenty of options to choose from.
If you’re looking for something with more amenities than your typical hotel stay, try Beachbreak Holiday Letting. This place offers guests three-star accommodations including three outdoor pools and an 18-hole golf course with spectacular views of the Indian Ocean. This resort also has an onsite spa so you can indulge in treatments like facials or body wraps while soaking up some sun during your downtime.
For those seeking something more intimate or tranquil, I suggest staying at the Fleur De Lis Spa @ Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel
Homestays are an excellent way of getting an insight into the culture and lifestyle of the people. There is plenty of homestays in Durban, both near the coast and inland. Here are some recommendations for you! best homestay accommodation in Durban
10) Durban Hotels on the Beach – Lowest price guarantee
- Blue Waters Hotel The hotel is conveniently positioned on Durban’s Golden Mile, at the heart of our city’s entertainment sector, with easy access to Durban’s athletic and corporate facilities. The Blue Waters Hotel is located beside Durban’s famed beaches and is within walking distance of the Suncoast Casino and the historic Moses Mabhida Stadium.
- Suncoast Casino, Hotels, and Entertainment Suncoast are one of Durban’s most exciting and fun-filled locations, with the ideal combination of sun and sea, as well as some of the greatest entertainment. where there’s no shortage of family fun, events, dining, and gaming thrills around the clock.